AIRSHO (Midland, TX), Oct.13-14

zaitcev

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Pete Zaitcev
Well guys, that's another impromptu adventure. Not sure if they'll let me in though, apparently airplanes had to be registered before 9 September, 2011 (according to the registration form on the website).

Well guys, that's another impromptu adventure. Not sure if they'll let me in though, apparently airplanes had to be registered before 9 September, 2011 (according to the registration form on the website).

Are you going there Pete? I have to work Saturday otherwise I would meet you there.

Are you going there Pete? I have to work Saturday otherwise I would meet you there.

Planning on arriving late Saturday after TFR, stay overnight for Sunday show. The Sunday TFR starts at 09:30 local if I got TX timezones right. It's too early for my comfort - although I know someone who likes to arrive that close :)

I am not yet registered - not sure if that is mandatory.

David White is going to work booth babe duty for a B-25 outfit, good chance to meet him.

Looks like I added an hour where I needed to subtract an hour, so my original plan seems less workable. The TFR appears to be set like this:

Saturday: 1730-0100 UTC (12:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.)
Sunday: 1630-2230 UTC (11:30 a.m. - 17:30 p.m.)

This means arriving after dark. Not like I'm particularly concerned about the darkness, but I cannot stand darkness when combined with clouds. So, the new plan: first arrive to MDD, overnight there, then a quick hop to MAF while TFR is not up yet.

I got to meet Pete today - he bought a t-shirt thus preventing my daily beating. I took him up in the cockpit for a quick tour. Thanks again, Pete! Was great to meet you!

The pleasure was all mine.

I even got to see the airshow. Look at these smoke trails:

picture.php

OK, kidding. That's what it looked like from MDD when I parked on Saturday. The TFR was active. David mentioned that one of airplanes actually had lights mounted at the tail, presumably to highlight the smoke in the dark.

Back