Airport restaurant near Houston TX

poadeleted20

Deleted
I'm down in Houston doing a 10-day IR out of Ellington. Anyone know any airport restaurants within 50-100 miles of KEFD?

You've got Carls' BBQ right across from the FBO at Weiser Air Park, in the Houston area. If you like barbecue, it is terrific!

DWH has a place and I think Brenham, 11R, to the west does as well.

I'll put in a second vote for the restaurant at DWH, Aviator's Grill. Good food, and lots of activity, even mid week, the times I've been there.

We tried Brenham today -- and when we tuned the AWOS, there was an announcement that the restaurant was closed for maintenance until the day after Christmas. "Houston, we'll be low approach at Brenham and then diverting to Hooks." Lunch at Hooks was excellent -- highly recommended. Just remember to follow the signs to Gill FBO and study your taxi chart before you go and have it out when you land -- it's a bit confusing there.

We tried Brenham today -- and when we tuned the AWOS, there was an announcement that the restaurant was closed for maintenance until the day after Christmas. "Houston, we'll be low approach at Brenham and then diverting to Hooks." Lunch at Hooks was excellent -- highly recommended. Just remember to follow the signs to Gill FBO and study your taxi chart before you go and have it out when you land -- it's a bit confusing there.

Yeah the hangars and FBOs along the East side are a little weird to get in and out of.

The north end used to have a pretty welcoming transient ramp up near the restaurant. Is it still there?

I went out there too, today. lol. I saw you two I bet, yall were coming from 16. I was sitting on the ground after I fueled up. I couldnt figure out why yall didnt land, but now I know why. I was pacing around my airplane at the pumps.

Looked like a 182 or other high wing Cessna?

Darn! This reply is too late for the OP, but for anyone else who's interested in this thread, the on-field restaurant at Gulf Coast Regional at Lake Jackson / Angleton (LBX) has re-opened. Formerly known as The Windsock, it's now the Crosswind Cafe. The interior's been re-done, but the cook and some of the waitstaff are the same, and the food is very good with fresh ingredients.

LBX is a quiet field with a big runway and is an easy destination from anywhere in Houston. I'm happy to have a weeknight dinner destination available again!

Not sure what the hours are (forgot to ask when I was there last week). Previous incarnation was closed Mon and Tues, and had some other oddities in operating hours that I don't remember.

Nice to see you out our way Ron. If I wasn't on the East coast, I'd try to link up. Have a great trip.

Best,

Dave

Dave. In addition to all those fine places mentioned, Brazoria County has a very nice on- field restaurant that is actually pretty spiffy. Gets business from off field from the corporate stuffed suits. It's been a while since I've been there so check ahead.

What's interesting is I'm I'm your back yard right now (north Charleston) but heading home to Houston tomorrow.

Pm me if you want any local pointers involving other things in the EFD area. That's my home turf.

In addition to all those fine places mentioned, Brazoria County has a very nice on- field restaurant that is actually pretty spiffy.
Um, I think you're talking about the same place I mentioned two replies up... :wink2:

Back