Airport for Maryland Crabs?

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
It's sort of an annual tradition to get some Maryland Blue Claws (crabs) for my birthday dinner. This year my better half suggested I fly to Maryland and get a half bushel or perhaps even a bushel.

It's still a bit early in the crabbing season but I figured why not. So, does any one know of some good crab joints near an airport in Maryland or even DE that are close to an airport. I heard Easton had two just at the end of the airport access rd. The manager at Crisfield would picke them up for you,but I think he may have flown west. Any suggestions?

Crisfield, W41. There are a couple places that will deliver to the airport. The prices are much better than the yuppie type places like Easton or Annapolis. Call the places directly and tell them when you're coming. They'll deliver right to the airport. I've used Southern Connection and Lintons.

Last edited:
Crisfield for live crabs.

Cooked/dinner crabs would be Bay Bridge or Kentmorr.

Be prepared for a price shock: they're particularly expensive these days.

Adam,

Fly into KGED, take the curtesy car to coastal highway and get the crabs at lazy Susan's. You will not be dissapointed. Just don't eat any one the way home and bring a cooler to store them.

I love crab. Hmm, KTOA-KGED......2081nm. I DO need a "long XC"..................:)

GAI, Cameron's seafood should still be on the Fredrick Pike not far away in Rockville.

It's sort of an annual tradition to get some Maryland Blue Claws (crabs) for my birthday dinner. This year my better half suggested I fly to Maryland and get a half bushel or perhaps even a bushel.

It's still a bit early in the crabbing season but I figured why not. So, does any one know of some good crab joints near an airport in Maryland or even DE that are close to an airport. I heard Easton had two just at the end of the airport access rd. The manager at Crisfield would picke them up for you,but I think he may have flown west. Any suggestions?

Why don't you find a good crab restaurant near an airport and invite us all to come celebrate your birthday with you. Dutch of course.

If you do buy a bushel to take home, be sure to ice them down well and secure the cooler. It might be a slight distraction to find one of those suckers hiding behind the rudder pedals or down near the trim wheel.

If you have a plane there is absolutely no reason to buy crabs inland where they've been riding in the back of a truck for several hours. I don't even bother with crabs around the DC area-- too expensive, and often brought up from the Carolinas or the Gulf and passed off as Chesapeake bay crabs. That's not going to happen in Crisfield.

Tangier's not a bad place if you get to know one of the crabbers and work something out via the phone. Otherwise they all go wholesale over to Crisfield.

Go to Crisfield or Tangiers island. Fresh and not as expensive as the tourist traps.

Why don't you find a good crab restaurant near an airport and invite us all to come celebrate your birthday with you. Dutch of course..

OH..OH… (waves hand in the air!) Best idea here!

Gary

Easy in a plane. When I lived in Cincinnati, I hauled 2 bushels back for dinner amongst friends. Back then, the avgas was more expensive than the crabs. Oh, wait, it probably still is.

Crabs in Maryland are flying now? What has the world come to.....:rofl:

'Gimp

Back