AirCam down KMEV Minden-Tahoe

catmandu

Pattern Altitude
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Catmandu

Pretty sure I taxied past that plane after my morning romp. It has been a long time since I have had to make not totally necessary "time stamp" contact with my family. :(

Pretty sure I taxied past that plane after my morning romp. It has been a long time since I have had to make not totally necessary "time stamp" contact with my family. :(
I'm very familiar with those aircam twins. They have VERY light wing loading and 2 Rotax 4 cyl 4 stroke engines (80-100hp) designed to fly low and slow for aerial photography. Very safe and easy to fly as long as you don't have structural support cable failure

Did my experimental transition training here. Hated the never ending turbulence. May not have been a factor in this case but it's the first thing I thought of. Being right on the lee of those mountains, and in the desert-like environment is not a fun place to fly. Except perhaps if you are a glider pilot...

Did my experimental transition training here. Hated the never ending turbulence. May not have been a factor in this case but it's the first thing I thought of. Being right on the lee of those mountains, and in the desert-like environment is not a fun place to fly. Except perhaps if you are a glider pilot...
Hear ya, my first plane was a challenger 50hp Pusher (built by seller). Big wing, low power at 4000' field elevation. Fun if light winds, handful in 15+ wind

Back