After Effects of Cataract Surgery

• Thread starter See Sumpthin Now
  • Start date
S

See Sumpthin Now

recently underwent cataract surgery and part of the procedure requires the use of steroid eye drops. Since the surgery BP has been elevated about 20 points top and bottom.

is this to be expected? Will it return to normal after the eye drops are discontinued? The cataract docs says the cause is not related to what they did but admitted they receive a number of calls like mine.

my regular doc says too watch it for the next week and we’ll go from there. It’s not crazy high but I don’t feel comfortable when things change with no explanation.

there are a number of reports online about the effects of prednisone on BP.

TIA

Been there and done that with the surgery and the Prednisone for my PMR, no change with my BP.

Topical steroid eye drops wont effect your BP

recently underwent cataract surgery and part of the procedure requires the use of steroid eye drops. Since the surgery BP has been elevated about 20 points top and bottom.

is this to be expected? Will it return to normal after the eye drops are discontinued? The cataract docs says the cause is not related to what they did but admitted they receive a number of calls like mine.

my regular doc says too watch it for the next week and we’ll go from there. It’s not crazy high but I don’t feel comfortable when things change with no explanation.

there are a number of reports online about the effects of prednisone on BP.

TIA
Synchronicity. Two things happening independently from one another in the same window of time.

More likely the actual cause is the same thing causing your cataracts, normal aging. HA!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back