Aero Classic Oil Cooler

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
I am going to put a new oil cooler on the bird next month when it goes in for its annual. Pacific Oil Cooler Service quoted me for a Aero Classic Oil Cooler. Anyone have any knowledge of this brand or is it something I should stay a way from?

I am going to put a new oil cooler on the bird next month when it goes in for its annual. Pacific Oil Cooler Service quoted me for a Aero Classic Oil Cooler. Anyone have any knowledge of this brand or is it something I should stay a way from?

Why new? I had Pacific "overhaul" my oil cooler. They actually send an overhauled one out to replace it.

The cost is basically the same once you factor in shipping.

Urk. In the first place, I didn't like the idea that one of my baby's organs was going to be replaced with one where I didn't know where it had been.

Owell.

It didn't have a drastic effect on my worry, which was high oil temps. They're lower, but not by much.

I was getting JPI alarms at 200 degrees F. Now it runs 180-190 on takeoff on a hot day, 160-180 in cruise.

Urk. In the first place, I didn't like the idea that one of my baby's organs was going to be replaced with one where I didn't know where it had been.

Owell.

It didn't have a drastic effect on my worry, which was high oil temps. They're lower, but not by much.

I was getting JPI alarms at 200 degrees F. Now it runs 180-190 on takeoff on a hot day, 160-180 in cruise.
I am also have high oil temps. Changing the hoses last annual brought them down a bit but not enough for my liking. The only thing that has not been changed since the plane was bought is the oil cooler. It is the same one that was on the plane 3000 engine hours ago. The replacement is not very expensive at all so I figured what the heck, it is annual time next month and while it is in they can install it then.

Back