ADHD + xanax is there hope?

B

Brown Steph

Hello,

Not sure if my situation is "complex" or exactly what and how much information to provide.

I was diagnosed with ADHD ( and was taking Vyvanse i'm a software engineer, it helped) for a few years.

I progressed in my career and I had one incident about a year ago where I had what is probably considered work related situational anxiety and was prescribed xanax. I took it for 2-3 months and stopped completely.

I have not spoke to an AME yet. How bad is my situation looking? I'm not terribly concerned about spending money or extra hoops if anyone has advice on what to do

it is possible and will require you finding a HIMS-AME and 1st seeking a consultation. Hoops to jump thru etc. And some $.

Sport pilot would work if you don't **** up and just apply for a third class medical and hope for the best.
As Dr. lbfjrmd suggested, a consultation to find out would be the first step in determining if you are able to prove, to the FAA's satisfaction, that the diagnosis of ADHD was just some kind of big mistake (if you really feel the need for an FAA medical).
But, personally, Sport Pilot works for me.

Hello,

Not sure if my situation is "complex" or exactly what and how much information to provide.

I was diagnosed with ADHD ( and was taking Vyvanse i'm a software engineer, it helped) for a few years.

I progressed in my career and I had one incident about a year ago where I had what is probably considered work related situational anxiety and was prescribed xanax. I took it for 2-3 months and stopped completely.

I have not spoke to an AME yet. How bad is my situation looking? I'm not terribly concerned about spending money or extra hoops if anyone has advice on what to do

I had literally the exact same thing (adhd + Xanax) and went for a third class. The FAA required the cogscreen, a doctors note, and that’s as it. No psych visit or anything

If there is only one anxiety episode, in the entire history this is do-able. More than one, not so much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back