Aaron Hernandez found dead

He was a true psychopath. I wouldn't be surprised if he's responsible for even more murders than what he was caught for.

Tragedy, it's amazing how someone with so much talent can be so f'd in the head. This twisted sense of respect and total disregard for human life this guy displayed is tragic.

but not the hood out of the man
Yeah, this little guy was pretty difficult to extract...

c3836148e609bb8aed1dd45c5807b240.jpg

Good thing for the taxpayers. One less useless mouth to feed and one less useless body to house.

I would rather be dead than spend the rest of my life in prison.

I think a life term is worse than any execution.

I would rather be dead than spend the rest of my life in prison.

I think a life term is worse than any execution.

"To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause"

I guess that depends on what lies beyond.

Never looked into the guy. Of course, if you have no opportunities in life and no education, crime is what you are going to turn to. Add to that the lax Massachusetts gun laws and this is what you get. Maybe we need more 'programs', a bike park and more basketball courts to get a handle on all this violence.

Ah whatever. I have more important things and people to focus on.

You can take the man out of the hood but not the hood out of the man.

Absolutely false.

Just as one data point against this dehumanizing generalization, I can point to Aaron's brother, DJ. He looks just like Aaron, and after finishing his college career at UConn where he was team captain, he coached tight ends for the football team here at Iowa, before changing careers to construction. I saw him in the stadium often, encouraging his players. By all accounts he is an unselfish guy. And like anyone, I'm sure he is shaken by the suicide of his brother, no matter how infamous.

Probably the first socially redeeming action of his life. So many more to go.
Dave

Never looked into the guy. Of course, if you have no opportunities in life and no education, crime is what you are going to turn to. Add to that the lax Massachusetts gun laws and this is what you get. Maybe we need more 'programs', a bike park and more basketball courts to get a handle on all this violence.
That was sarcasm, right?

Lol @ lax gun laws being a contributor. People who commit crimes with guns will do them regardless of what laws are in place. Places like Chicago with the strictest gun laws have some of the greatest amounts of gun violence crimes.

Lol @ lax gun laws being a contributor. People who commit crimes with guns will do them regardless of what laws are in place. Places like Chicago with the strictest gun laws have some of the greatest amounts of gun violence crimes.
That had to be sarcasm since Massachusetts has some of the strictest and most ridiculous gun laws in the country.

I am sad about any human being who went down this path and got to this dead end.

I watched him and Gronk with awe for their play on the field. Good memories, fun to watch.

There are lots of folks who have had far less opportunity who chose to make much better choices in life. Hernandez had the chance to overcome his upbringing due to his athletic talents, by getting an education and wealth, but he chose to continue living his life as a thug. As already mentioned, his own brother, who had much less, chose a better path.

I know I won't shed a single tear over his passing.

Aaron Hernandez was a nice man!

I read weilke's comment as sarcasm right away. Goes to show how we all form different impressions so easily from the same source.
Sure does. It's one of the most difficult things to convey through text. Most of the time you have to go to hyperbole in order to make sure the sarcasm is noted.

Aaron Hernandez's murder conviction will most likely be vacated since he's now dead (per Massachusetts law). It's a strange law where if you die with an open appeal, your conviction is set aside.

In another twist, The New England Patriots may have to pay his family the $3.25 million signing bonus that they withheld due to his conviction. Since he will no longer be convicted, they may have to pay up.

Aaron Hernandez's murder conviction will most likely be vacated since he's now dead (per Massachusetts law). It's a strange law where if you die with an open appeal, your conviction is set aside.

In another twist, The New England Patriots may have to pay his family the $3.25 million signing bonus that they withheld due to his conviction. Since he will no longer be convicted, they may have to pay up.
If that happens then I hope the victims' families successfully sue his estate and get that money.

For those a bit slow on the uptake, here is the translation:

Never looked into the guy until today. Here is someone who was given every opportunity in life, a free college education and a million dollar job based his ability to carry a pigskin around yet he ended up involved in multiple violent acts. As this case shows, even the strictest gun-laws like those in Mass wont keep guns out of the hands of criminals. Some people are simply soulless psychopaths who are going to kill someone over a disagreeement or a spilled drink. No amount of programming, sports or skateboard parks is going to keep evil people from doing evil things.

That makes zero sense. Killing oneself should constitute a voluntary withdrawl of any pending appeals.

Back