A new plane, the easy way

poadeleted21

Touchdown! Greaser!
We had some 75MPH winds, ground crew forgot to set the brakes on the portable air stair. Blew it into this plane. From what I understand this plane has not moved from this location since some time in the mid 1980s and the airport will be purchasing him another plane :).

Attachments

• IMG_2351_2.JPG
    IMG_2351_2.JPG
    914.7 KB · Views: 227
I'm sure insurance companies will get involved and the plane will be depreciated because of it's lack of currency (annual's and such). But still....I wouldn't want to be the guy that forgot to set the brake!

A little duck tape and a few pieces of wood and that plane will be like knew.

I cannot comprehend why a person would weld a Cessna 150 to the ramp and pay tiedown fees at a Class D airport for 25 years :confused:

Bad deal. Hit that Turbo 210 so hard it knocked the shine right off of the paint, and two windows and six feet of fuselage and two cylinders.

I cannot comprehend why a person would weld a Cessna 150 to the ramp and pay tiedown fees at a Class D airport for 25 years :confused:

To the pretty girl at the bar: "... and I own my own airplane too!"

There's a Luscombe like that in KABQ, which is Class C. The owner also has a Mooney 231 in exclusive hangars where Quiet Birdmen hold meetings. Apparently the Luscomb belonged to his father. A few people asked, but he refuses to sell. A couple of months ago, storms ripped the tail tie-down and put the plane on its nose. It was a signal for the guy to pay attention, so... he put nice new tires on it. *facepalm*

When the adjustor sees the logbook, they will replace it with a $5,000 C150. No betterment for this guy.

For something that hasn't moved in 25 years, $5,000 is a pretty good deal!

When the adjustor sees the logbook, they will replace it with a $5,000 C150. No betterment for this guy.

That was my client's father's plane, he is terribly distraught at the loss of an irreplaceable family heirloom.

A little duck tape and a few pieces of wood and that plane will be like knew.

It will buff right out.

Our airport management starts adding additional fees for aircraft left and not maintained. If its been sitting there with flat tires for months, you "fined" for the "eyesore". After you have received proper notice to remedy the situation.

It will buff right out.

Our airport management starts adding additional fees for aircraft left and not maintained. If its been sitting there with flat tires for months, you "fined" for the "eyesore". After you have received proper notice to remedy the situation.

They should not. Behind That 172 with two flat tires is a perfect parking spot for me when I'm out flying.

That was my client's father's plane, he is terribly distraught at the loss of an irreplaceable family heirloom.

But not distraught about letting the elements ravage it and not maintaining it or selling it to someone who can? Weird.

But not distraught about letting the elements ravage it and not maintaining it or selling it to someone who can? Weird.

I think he was joking, at least I hope he was joking!:D
The owner was at least trying to keep the plane up, it only had ONE flat tire!:mad2:
Nothing would surprise me in these situations! There is an older 310 sitting at the Cherokee county airport, that used to be red, now it's pink! I've been flying up there for 5 years and it's never moved.:rolleyes: I'm sure it's gonna be somebody's inheritance one day, oh joy!!:eek:

There is an older 310 sitting at the Cherokee county airport, that used to be red, now it's pink! I've been flying up there for 5 years and it's never moved.:rolleyes: I'm sure it's gonna be somebody's inheritance one day, oh joy!!:eek:

Does it have a nose baggage door on it that'll fit the 421? I think pink would suit Charlene fine!

They should not. Behind That 172 with two flat tires is a perfect parking spot for me when I'm out flying.

We had a waiting list for tie downs. The county wanted revenue from flying aircraft buying fuel. Tie downs were paid on abandoned aircraft, but abandoned aircraft cause other safety issues like varmints, birds and other hazards.

Aircraft left with tie downs and penalties not paid were auctioned to pay the liens placed on them by the county FBO airport management.

This was a very long process and could take over a year to move an aircraft to auction.

I say we "had" a waiting list for tie downs, but not so much now with the current economy.

Does it have a nose baggage door on it that'll fit the 421? I think pink would suit Charlene fine!

It's a different door.:rolleyes: But, we got a salvage door and she's good as new!:goofy: :D

I've pursued tied down jalopies on the field at KHWY, if for no other reason just to get a response to my lowball offers. There's an Ercoupe I spoke to one of the FBOs about. The owner died a while ago and after a few months, they tracked down the son, who paid the past due tie down fees, then disappeared. What will become of this plane? When is it declared the airport's property, if ever?

I've pursued tied down jalopies on the field at KHWY, if for no other reason just to get a response to my lowball offers. There's an Ercoupe I spoke to one of the FBOs about. The owner died a while ago and after a few months, they tracked down the son, who paid the past due tie down fees, then disappeared. What will become of this plane? When is it declared the airport's property, if ever?

The management can put a lien on the aircraft for unpaid tie downs, after an accumulation of liens, proper legal search for any owner, or the son. The property can be seized and auctioned. The will or probate of the owner may be public and the aircraft may have been left to the son. If the son does not claim it or cannot be found, you just may win it at auction.

Back