911 TV 2024 premier

William Pete Hodges

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Petehdgs
Our son suggest we watch this, and I nearly didn’t make it through the first of 3 episodes because the writing is sooooo bad! But after a while it is like watching a train wreck, or a really bad horror movie. You just can't look away.

So the premise, also very bad, is tractor trailer load of bee hives gets in a traffic accident around LA and the hives are all broken up. And these hives are filled with KILLER BEES!! Now I am pretty sure that commercial beekeepers are not using killer bees in their hives, but it turns out that some commercial hives do get contaminated with africanized bees and the beekeepers then replace the queens...

So, these bees make several swarms and create all kinds of havoc. Including a swarm at maybe 8000 feet or so and a small twin engine airplane flies right through the center of it, INSTEAD of diverting to avoid it, as it was clearly avoidable to any sane pilot with half of his brain tied behind his back (just to make it even). The plane gets covered in bees and the pilot gets attacked, loses control, and pitches up directly into the cockpit of a commercial airliner.

The writing is bad. The show us so bad you almost can't look away. And their understanding of aircraft and aircraft operations is awful. The show is called 9-1-1 and it is on ABC. We watched it on demand but it is also streaming somewhere.

Maybe I am missing the whole point of the show and I am just a grumpy old man that hates everything and everyone. So take a look for your self and tell me this isn't the dumbest thing you've ever seen involving aviation, or firemen, or killer bees.

I saw the ad for it; that was enough to tell me not to waste any time watching it. I just can’t stand crap like that. If it’s bad, i absolutely can look away.

I'm a retired 9-1-1 call/dispatch center administrator. Ths things those call takers can do! The companion show...9-1-1 Lonestar is more of the same. On last weeks offering a retired fire lieutenant is training to be truck driver when ne spots some sort of emergency. He tells his trainer to turn the CB radio to channel 1600 or something in order to listen to the fire dept. comms. LOLOLOL. That sort of nonsense used to bother me but just do as we do when this and other shows go completely off the rails...keep repeating...."It's not a documentary...It's not a documentary."

If it's the show I'm thinking of, there's at least one actual fireman on youtube that does pretty good posts making fun of it. Along the lines of "maybe instead of talking about what to do, you use the 500+ gallons of water in the truck outside, bring in an actual charged line, and put out the fire?" Or "Instead of going to jail for pretending to be a surgeon at a traffic accident, how about loading the guy into an ambulance and have them treated by actual doctors?" I watched a bit of the show, and the youtube clips making fun of it are more entertaining than the show.

I have a whole cadre of retired LA, Ventura, Orange, and San Diego city/county retired firemen (and women), paramedics, and EMTs' in our sphere... Oh the stories... and the show they would make. But, it would have to be a cable channel show for; as they say, "keeping it real..."

Back