8/19 - Fatal crash, Long Island NY

Meanee

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Meanee
Plane departed Brookhaven airport. Fell out of the sky few minutes after departure. 1 pilot dead. 2 pax survived.

Heard this on a news yesterday. Gotta love neighbors responses "There are kids around here learning to fly. This has to stop". And who is going to haul your ass on your next vacation if "these kids stop training".

Sadly, pilot died. He got stuck and people were not able to reach him.

http://news.yahoo.com/small-plane-crashes-long-island-1-dead-181924458.html

Ugh being burned alive. That sounds just dreadful. I feel bad for the guy who watched him die. That's gotta be scary.

Ugh being burned alive. That sounds just dreadful. I feel bad for the guy who watched him die. That's gotta be scary.

Not that its much consolation, but he may have died due to impact or smoke inhalation well before the flames got to him. Still very sad. :(

Tough stuff here, very sad. Hits pretty close to home for me as I am from Long Island and fly around this beautiful part of the world. Clear skies and tail winds to all involved.

I couldn't imagine being the one who tried to save the pilot only to see the outcome the way it did. I've often thought though, that if something where to ever happen to me where I crashed, I would rather be the one who dies than any passengers or people on the ground. My heart goes out to all those effected in this tragic event.

I couldn't imagine being the one who tried to save the pilot only to see the outcome the way it did. I've often thought though, that if something where to ever happen to me where I crashed, I would rather be the one who dies than any passengers or people on the ground. My heart goes out to all those effected in this tragic event.

AOPA has a short 30 minute clip called something like the Ultimate Burden about a guy that flipped his amphib float plane and his 6 yo son died. It speaks to your post.

And I agree with your sentiment.

Back