3T2 / Wolfe Airpark questions

StraightnLevel

Pre-takeoff checklist
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
StraightnLevel
Does anyone have any experience with Wolfe Airpark? I'm looking at hangar space, and an option has presented itself here.

I'm wanting to get a sense of the runway condition and maintenance, who flys in and out, what sort of planes are based there, etc.

Any reason to focus in on the area or avoid it completely?

I am local and have landed there a few times, but not recently. I drove by i think 3 months ago. I remember it having a decent crown and drainage. There have been some improvements lately and now there is a huge drainage swale right next to the runway. I considered the idea of buying a lot for a hangar but my wife’s employment changed so that’s out for now.

When we looked at it before it was not pristine and there were a few concerns i had about a water district lawsuit and there were trees where I thought there shouldn’t be. If it gets fully developed it will be a crowded runway i think.

But hangar space doesn’t grow on trees. Pearland? Angleton?

I am local and have landed there a few times, but not recently. I drove by i think 3 months ago. I remember it having a decent crown and drainage. There have been some improvements lately and now there is a huge drainage swale right next to the runway. I considered the idea of buying a lot for a hangar but my wife’s employment changed so that’s out for now.

When we looked at it before it was not pristine and there were a few concerns i had about a water district lawsuit and there were trees where I thought there shouldn’t be. If it gets fully developed it will be a crowded runway i think.

But hangar space doesn’t grow on trees. Pearland? Angleton?
I fly out of Pearland now (renting), and available space is both rare and expensive. As expected, anything at KEFD or KHOU is targeted at corporate small jets, and priced appropriately.:hairraise:

I hadn't seen the water district issue - thanks for the heads-up. The field itself looks nicely maintained, but the hangars themselves are in varying states of repair.

Before I buy a plane, I want to have a place to put it, so.....

Back