“That’s fake!” AI in aviation

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Family & friends keep sending me mostly videos, some pics, of what are obviously fabricated aviation activities.
They ask if I’ve seen them (ie they believe them) & occasionally ask if they are real.
Are there some out there that could be confused for actual aircraft images? ie; is AI that good yet?
If so, post your examples.

My dad sends me fake stuff all the time. Not sure if I’d call it AI. It’s just typical CGI. He usually says something like “how did they film this?” Easy, it’s not real.

It used to be pretty obvious but it’s gotten to the point you really have to look close. What’s funny is, there are a bunch of cool real vids online but now a days the typical reply in comments is “that’s fake.” It’s like they just automatically assume it’s not real because it looks surreal. Just watched a Canadian Hornet demo clip and all these people calling it fake. :p

Kind of a scary thing in my opinion. Something as simple as realistic CGI or AI enhanced vids can be manipulated so that the public doesn’t know what to believe. Makes me wonder where it ends.

I say tell them of course it is true.!! We fly like that all the time. Why just the other day I was flying under power lines when I noticed an 18 wheeler going down the road. So I snuck up from behind and bounced the mains off the top of the trailer. Then I went into town and bounced the wheels off of the water tower. After that I buzzed some old folks having a picnic at the park. But I quickly got bored of that so I went back to the airport and practiced landing backwards.

Then turn and walk off leaving them in awe...

I wish I could tell Facebook there is no need for the AI generated photos of "Stunning Aviator" etc. The one I wake up to beats them all!

Back